Friday 5 August 2011

Tiling Technique

I love the look of tiling on a card.  There is not much to it, but can be a little frustrating if you are not one to measure things (like me).  I stamped the image of the hydrangea from the Because I care Hostess Gift in Staz on Black.  I then cut the image to fit a 2" x 3" rectangle.  You then draw a grid dividing the image in 1" squares.  The frustrating thing is that I can never seem to get the squares the perfect size.  Anyway, I guess that may add to the rustic look of it.  You then get your black marker and run it around the very edge of the 'tile'.  Arrange the tiles so they are mixed up and attach to embossed cardstock.  I embossed the cardstock using the wallpaper embossing folder and distressed the edges.

A tricky card, but I'm sure the person receiving it will love it.

Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment