Tuesday 28 May 2013

Card Class this Thursday Night

I have made three cards for my card class this Thursday night.  All three of them are made using the Stippled Blossoms set.  It is a really lovely set, that my friend, Anne Farrar, recommended to me.  She made the most gorgeous card that she let me copy.

Stippled Blossoms is called a two-step stamping set.  That means you stamp an image with a light colour first and then use the second stamp in a darker colour and it gives a lovely darker outline.

The first card is made with three images from the Stippled Blossoms set and then fussy cut.  Fussy cutting is a fancy word for 'hand cutting'!  I put the background through the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and cut the oval out with the Oval Framelits.  I then stamped the greeting with the set: Memorable moments.  It's a great set, as you can stamp any age greeting to make a card for a special occasion.


The second card is an ode to two retiring colours; Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.  It was super easy to make.  I just stamped the greeting from the set Field Flowers and the flower from Stippled Blossoms.



For the third card, I wanted to use the paper doilies in the Seasonal Catalogue.  I stamped the background using the Netting background stamp.  The two colours used were Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose.

As I mentioned, I will be holding a class this Thursday night (7pm, 30th May) and I will repeat the class on 22nd June at 2pm.  We will be making 6 cards with matching envelopes for $20.

Please email me on cookv3@tpg.com.au if you'd like to come along.

Ness xx

No comments:

Post a Comment